... mostly about Ruby and Rails...

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2007

Uploaded the DynamicDatabaseChanger Plugin to RubyForge

Yesterday, I moved the first attempt of my DynamicDatabaseChanger Plugin for RoR onto RubyForge. It can be viewed at

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ddcplugin/

and the sources can be installed with: svn checkout svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/ddcplugin/trunk

This plugin can be used to change the database connection of the RoR application dynamically for each request.

What is this good for?

2 real world usage come to my mind at the moment( and have been tested)
- RubyOnRails database loadbalancing ( similar to Dr. Nic's Magic Multi-Connections: A “facility in Rails to talk to more than one database at a time” or ActsAsReadonlyable from Revolution On Rails)
- using a different database for a set of IPs

In my next posts I will show you how to use the plugin and give examples for the cases above...

I hope that somebody will find it to be useful and give me some feedback.

-Alex

1 Kommentar:

Dr Nic hat gesagt…

Ooh I look forward to some examples. I shall stay tuned!